- Light and ergonomic
- Barcode Scanner 1D/2D
- Real Time Clock
- Li-Ion removable Battery
FAQ "Data Transmission, RS-232"
How can I transfer data from any device that has an RS-232 interface to a computer without additional software?
The prerequisite is that this computer supports USB/HID.
- Use the Serial HID Adapter.
- Deactivate the MTWin mode if this is set.
- Set the parameters of the RS-232 interface of the Serial HID Adapter to match the device to be connected.
- Connect the computer to the USB / HID interface of the Serial HID Adapter.
- On the computer, start the application to receive the data.
- Connect the device to the RS-232 interface of the Serial HID Adapter and start the data output.
- The Serial HID Adapter accepts the data and outputs it to the connected computer on the USB/HID interface.
What can be the cause of data loss during data transmission via an RS-232 interface?
If the computer or the device which receives the data via the RS-232 interface can not process it as quickly as the connected device transmits it, the RS-232 interface must be operated with a handshake. This can be a hardware handshake (RTS/CTS, where the serial connection must contain these 2 signal lines) or a software handshake (XON/XOFF). The same type of handshake must be set on both communicating devices.