- Light and ergonomic
- Barcode Scanner 1D/2D
- Real Time Clock
- Li-Ion removable Battery
How can I read barcodes with a LogiScan-600/800/1100 without special application?
- Call up the system menu on the LogiScan-600/800/1100 (refer to corresponding FAQ).
- Call menu function Test→Code/RF-ID. "Barcode Test" is displayed in the title line.
- All barcode types activated in the scanner module can now be scanned. The corresponding barcode type is displayed.
How do 1D and 2D Barcode Scanners differ?
- 1D bar code scanners can only read 1D bar codes.
- 2D barcode scanners can read 1D and 2-D bar codes.
How to avoid read errors when scanning barcodes of type Code 2/5 interleaved?
If this barcode type is set and no further check is carried out (neither by the scanner nor by the application), a very high error rate must be expected. The following measures should be taken:
- If possible, use a check digit.
- Use a length fixation. That means, only barcodes with one or two lengths are accepted by the scanner.
- If there is a constant number of digits within the code, it should be checked by the application.
We want to introduce barcode recognition in our company. Which barcode type should we choose?
The different barcode types differ in some cases substantially in terms of the character size, the information density, the max. Number of codable characters and security. While 1D barcodes can be read by almost all barcode readers (1D and 2D barcode scanners) 2D barcode scanners are required for 2D barcodes. All these characteristics and criteria must be taken into account when bar codes are to be used in a company.